• Home
  • News
  • Paolo Contis breaks silence on split with LJ Reyes; apologizes to Yen Santos for being involved in the issue

Paolo Contis breaks silence on split with LJ Reyes; apologizes to Yen Santos for being involved in the issue

Paolo on Yen being the third party: "She was never the reason for our break up. I was."

Patricia Matalog
by
Patricia Matalog

9/8/2021 in News
Paolo Contis breaks silence on split with LJ Reyes; apologizes to Yen Santos for being involved in the issue

Paolo Contis has finally spoken regarding his split with long-time partner LJ Reyes.

In a lengthy Instagram post on Wednesday, September 8, the actor-comedian addressed the controversies thrown at him one by one, as he cleared out the names of people involved, as well as other issues.

Acknowledging all the hate comments he received, Paolo said he understood where the public's frustration is coming from, but it is not an excuse to throw hate on the people that shouldn't be dragged in the first place.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Paolo Contis (@paolo_contis)

Among the issues he addressed was about him being accused of using illegal drugs, which he profoundly denied.

"Merong nagsasabi na meron siyang reliable source that I take drugs and as a result, sinasaktan ko si LJ at ang mga bata. This is NOT true. Minahal at inalagaan ko sila. I never laid a finger on them," he pressed.

On the third party issue, Paolo took accountability about being "marupok" and "gago." However, he clarified that actress Yen Santos, whose name has been dragged in the issue, isn't the reason he and LJ broke up.

"Aaminin ko, naging marupok at gago ako sa ilang taon naming pagsasama. I’m not proud of it. For that, I’m sincerely sorry. I’m truly ashamed of my actions."

He continued, "[Si Yen,] she was never the reason for our breakup. I was. Kung matagal na kaming hindi okay ni LJ, it was mainly because of me. Masyado niyo siyang diniin sa issue na 'to. Pati pag-promote namin ng movie nabahiran na ng kung anu-ano."

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Paolo Contis (@paolo_contis)

Paolo also explained the photos and videos of him and Yen that surfaced after they were spotted together in Baguio last month.

He emphasized that he only invited Yen "as a friend."

"When LJ left for the States with the kids, I went to Baguio for 3 days dahil ayaw ko sa Manila at gusto kong makapag isip-isip. Naging insensitive ako about the possible effects nung issue and I invited Yen for a day para may makausap since malapit lang siya sa North din. She went there as a friend. Hindi ko naisip na madadamay siya ng ganito. I’m sorry for this," he said.

The actor also apologized to his manager Lolit Solis, who has been protecting him since the news broke. Paolo then asked for people to stop hating on his manager, as well as entertainment broadcaster Cristy Fermin.

Paolo also extended his sincerest apologies to his mother, his team, and his former partner Lian Paz and their daughters, who are already living in peace and were dragged into the issue.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Paolo Contis (@paolo_contis)

Lastly, Paolo said sorry to LJ, their daughter Summer, and LJ's son with Paulo Avelino, Aki, for everything he did.

In terms of their co-parenting setup, Paolo said he told LJ that he wants to take care of Summer, although he understands if she wants to stay in the United States for a while. <>"Sana balang araw makapag usap kami ng maayos para sa bata. Madami pang kailangan pag usapan pero sa amin na lang ni LJ yun at sana respetuhin niyo 'yun," he said.

"To Summer, I’m sorry my Ganda. I love and miss you so much. Papa will do his best to be better. I will always be here for you. I promise."

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Paolo Contis (@paolo_contis)

”To Aki, I wish I could’ve done things differently and listened to you more. I’m sorry I failed you."

”To LJ, I’m very sorry. For everything. Sa lahat lahat."

Paolo then ended his post vowing to try to be a "better person" and learn from what happened. He also asked for everyone's respect and privacy regarding the matter.

"Please respect our privacy and pray for us. Ngayon kung hindi pa po kayo pagod, please direct all your hate and bashings at me. No one else deserves it, ako lang. Thank you," he wrote.

More videos here:

Read more stories here:

'It was so painful': LJ Reyes confirms breakup with Paolo Contis

Comedian of the Day: The Hilarious Daddy, Paolo Contis

Paolo Contis celebrates birthday with a throwback photo with John Lloyd Cruz

Anak nina Paulo at LJ, nakakita ng UFO?!

SHARE ON FACEBOOK
SHARE ON TWITTER