Julia Barretto has filed a formal complaint against Jay Sonza.
According to a report by ABS-CBN News' MJ Felipe today, September 25, Julia personally went to the NBI Cybercrime Division to file a criminal case against the veteran newscaster, who claimed in a Facebook post earlier this week that the actress is pregnant with Gerald Anderson's baby.
Read related article: Julia Barretto is not pregnant, says Star Magic
Julia also said in an interview with MJ that she will no longer be tolerating such actions moving forward.
"Ang dami ko na ring pinagdaanan. Ang dami ko na ring pinalampas lalo na sa social media - binastos na ang reputation ko, ang pangalan ko. I think I just want to show people na hindi ko na pinapalampas 'yung mga bagay na ganito," she pressed.
Julia was quick to shut down the pregnancy rumor last September 21.
The actress posted a photo of her abs on Instagram with the caption "Fake news 🙂"
Meanwhile, a representative from Star Magic released a statement about the rumors, saying, "Definitely, it’s not true."
Jay also issued a follow-up statement on Facebook last September 22.
Read his statement here:
Hindi ako buntis. - julia Hindi buntis ang anak ko. - marjorie May umamin kasi. Kaya nagalak ako. Kung ganoon po,...Posted by Jay Sonza on Monday, September 21, 2020
More of Julia Barretto here:
Read more stories here:
Dennis Padilla reacts to the Julia Barretto pregnancy rumors
The biggest celebrity breakups that made us all say, 'walang forever'
Julia Barretto finally speaks up on controversies she faced
Exes Julia Barretto, Joshua Garcia get real about their 'what ifs' to each other
Here's why Julia Barretto decided to work with Joshua Garcia again