Blockbuster director Cathy Garcia-Molina is back for a new season of “CGMagic” – and best of all, it’s in Hong Kong!
Yes, the third season of “CGMagic” will take us to through the filming journey of “Hello, Love, Goodbye” from the eyes of Direk Cathy, lead stars Kathryn Bernardo and Alden Richards, and the entire production team! Are you excited about this exclusive treat? Good, because we are!
On its first episode, Direk Cathy, along with Kathryn and Alden, shared behind-the-scenes details of the intense preparations they had before principal filming began. They also disclosed some exclusive information about the characters of Joy and Ethan. Check out these 5 interesting things we found out!
1. Talking about Kathryn’s special preparations, Direk Cathy said, “This is the hardest, so far, that I made a celebrity do.” Because Kathryn became a celebrity at such a young age, Direk Cathy felt that Kathryn has to experience first-hand some of the actual jobs of OFWs to help her portray the role better.
As seen in this new “CGMagic” episode, we see Kathryn scrubbing a toilet seat and doing a pedicure for a customer. Whew! It looks physically and emotionally demanding! But Kathryn perfectly understood why Direk Cathy had to be hard on her. She said, “Pero kinausap niya ako, para ‘yun sa akin, para matulungan ako.”
2. Alden’s character is a bad boy with a soft spot.
He shared, “When he’s in the city, [my character] Ethan can be a ‘bad boy.’” And according to Alden, when Ethan spends time in his family home, he’s really just a simple guy. Somehow, he played two personalities here – and that makes us even more excited to see the layers of his character more!
3. Kathryn shared that her character, Joy, graduated with a Nursing degree in the Philippines and then eventually moved to Hong Kong to earn more money.
Now, this is a scenario that we’re sure a lot of Filipinos can relate to. Power hug to all OFWs!
4. Even Direk Cathy has been captured by Alden’s charm!
“Ang gwapo ni Alden sa pelikula, I must admit,” she said. <3
Can we get a collective cheer? We also can’t wait to see how Alden will rip our hearts open with his bad boy antics and still make us all fall in love with him.
5. Some of the Hong Kong hotspots you’ll get to see in the film are Central, Avenue of Stars, Cheung Chau, Mong Kok, and Tsim Sha Tsui – and they gave life and color to Joy and Ethan’s journey. <3 You’ll get a peek of the places here in Episode 1, and see more of them on Episode 2!
We know you’re craving to have the full experience now, so check out “CGMagic” Season 3, Episode 1 here:
To discover more about Hong Kong, visit www.discoverhongkong.com and follow them on their socials (@discoverhongkong, #DiscoverHongKong, @discoverHK). Don’t miss “Hello, Love, Goodbye” this July 31 and see how Joy and Ethan’s story unfolds!