The late Wenn Deramas, who was one of the country's most influential storytellers, had helmed various blockbuster movies that brought laughter, thrill, tears, and inspiration to Filipinos through the years.
Now that he passed away, the entertainment industry mourns his lost.
Below are some of his most popular works as a movie director. Which among these is your favorite?
1. "Beauty and the Bestie" (2015) is his most recent box-office hit, which earned P526 million, and was even hailed as the highest-grossing Filipino film of all time. The movie starred Vice Ganda and Coco Martin with James Reid, Nadine Lustre, Marco Masa, and Alonzo Muhlach, among others.
2. "The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin" (2014) grossed over P456 million during the 40th Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF). The movie starred Vice Ganda, Bimby Yap, Richard Yap, and Alex Gonzaga, among others.
3. "Maria Leonora Teresa" (2014) starred Jodi Sta. Maria, Zanjoe Marudo, and Iza Calzado.
4. "Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy" (2013) grossed over P436 million. The movie starred Vice Ganda with Maricel Soriano, Joey Marquez, Ruffa Gutierrez, and Cristine Reyes.
5. "Bromance: My Brother's Romance" (2013) saw Zanjoe Marudo in a dual role. He was paired with Cristine Reyes.
6. "Sisterakas" (2012) is another MMFF entry starring Vice Ganda, Kathryn Bernardo, Daniel Padilla, Kris Aquino, and Ai-ai Delas Alas. It grossed over P393 million.
7. "This Guy's In Love With You Mare" (2012), topbilled by Vice Ganda, Toni Gonzaga, and Luis Manzano, earned P249 million.
8. "The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin" (2011) is one of Direk Wenn's most favorite projects through the years. It earned more than P331 million.
9. "Ang Tanging Ina Mo (Last Na 'To)" is the last among the "Tanging Ina" series. It grossed P187.6 million.
10. "Ang Tanging Ina N'yong Lahat" (2008) earned P204 million.
11. "Ang Tanging Ina" (2003), topbilled by Ai-Ai Delas Alas, earned P136 million.
12. "Dahil Mahal Na Mahal Kita" (1998) is Direk Wenn's first movie with Star Cinema starring Claudine Barretto, Rico Yan, and Diether Ocampo.