Alice Dixson has broken her silence about the controversy surrounding her recent Boracay vacation.
The actress caught the ire of netizens, who upon seeing her footage from the island on Instagram, assumed that she had been violating Boracay's government-mandated six-month shutdown. The backlash resulted in the sudden revelation that Alice was apparently married to a top executive of one of Boracay's most popular resorts, making her its resident.
(Read related article: Alice Dixson, kasal na pala kaya nakapunta sa Boracay?)
“I don’t wanna [talk about] the part about being married [but] I’ll answer the part about being in Boracay," she told members of the press after the Grand Media Launch of her upcoming television series "Ngayon at Kailanman" yesterday, August 13.
“Yes, I’m a resident there. Yes, I was there on my birthday. Yes, I did post some pictures on my Instagram because natuwa lang ako because there was nobody on the beach when I was there," she explained, "And I know na never 'yun mangyayari ulit sa buhay ko."
According to the actress, she was surprised by the amount of hate she received for doing nothing wrong. She said, "I never thought I would hear so much public outcry for that. Parang ang laki ng kasalanan ko. But in the same sense, hindi ko naman ma-explain-explain and I didn’t feel that I need to explain my personal life in the whole world. But now that it has happened, alam niyo na."
Alice was previously married to Ronnie Miranda from 1999 to 2012. Their divorce was finalized on February 2013.
She was most recently part of the Chito Rono horror movie, "The Ghost Bride."
Read more related stories here:
Alice talks about her past relationship with ex-husband
Alice Dixson: That hot lady who flew ✈
Size matters for these local celebs! (Magugulat ka kung sino ang nag-YES)