Words By Chandral Selim
Graphics By Michelle Ching
It's been almost 10 years since the magic that is "One More Chance" set our little hearts on fire. We, as a nation, has never rallied behind a movie as much, as hard, as we did when this blockbuster hit came out. It marked the height of the Bea Alonzo-John Lloyd Cruz tandem..
"One More Chance" made us laugh, cry, and it also gave birth to such a dedicated, cult-ish fan base that it made it's sequel "A Second Chance" an instant blockbuster hit.
Today, in honor of "One More Chance" Day (we've already sent proposals to legitimize this holiday to the appropriate government agencies #charot), we fulfilled one of Basha's greatest career letdowns.
We made T-shirts.
Well, we made "One More Chance"-inspired designs on T-shirts. We dedicate this to you, the "One More Chance" superfan who takes every chance they get to rewatch it.
1. *te nenenen ten, tenenenen, tenenenen ten*
2. Kaya mo yan, Chino.
3. For Team Trishas, na nagmahal ng broken.
4. For Team Bashas, na binigyan ng, heh, one more chance.
5. Based on experience, every promise made at UST's Grandstand...napapako.
6. "Love is blind...so love me!" is still the best proposal that we never got to see.
7. Only superfans will get this!
8. Bes, memorized ko 'to, go!
"Bash, don't ever think it was a mistake that you chose to find yourself., that you chose to love yourself a little bit more. Alam ko nasaktan si Popoy, but you said sorry for that 'di ba? Besides, nakabuti naman ang breakup niyo, 'di ba? Bash, minsan it's better for two people to break up, so they can grow up. It takes grown-ups to make relationships work."
9. Thank you, Nanay Edith. You remain to be one of the best cinematic Titas of Manila.
10. Official homage to the original and the ultimate conversation-starter shirt.
Originally published August 26, 2016.
Need more to satisfy your “One More Chance” craving? Watch these videos below!
Read more of our celebrity features here:
WATCH: Balikan over and over ang ultimate MayWard kilig moments na ito!
MUST-WATCH: 10-minute supercut of 'You're My Boss'
4 Olivia Lamasan films you NEED in your life