First love, a college setting, and a love triangle we still can't get over, "Vince and Kath and James" has all the makings of a modern classic. The film, released back in 2016 as Star Cinema's entry for the Metro Manila Film Festival, is all heart and fluff; it told the kind of love story that sticks with you because of how real and relatable it is.
"VKJ" also launched the love team of Joshua Garcia and Julia Barretto, and as we wait for their newest movie "I Love You, Hater" to hit cinemas this July 11, let's look back at 10 of the most memorable scenes from the film that started their journey to fame.
1. At this point in the movie, Vince and Kath's love story hadn't even started yet and na-"classmate noong first year" zone na agad ang kuya mo. Sakit. Ang bilis gumalaw ni James eh, mga basketball player nga naman.
2. This scene, which proved that we should always trust our random text mates for ~tuli~ tips. Sana lahat sila maaasahan katulad ni Vince, 'di ba?
3. This scene, which proved that Joshua is a true expert in serving kilig vibes. Kahit sa text lang, ang effective niya! We smiled the whole time.
4. Maris Racal's "feeds goals" still cracks us up, but the most memorable part of this clip is how we see Vince being all Grade 5 about teasing Kath just because he has a crush. Ganyan tayo eh.
5. Here we see Var and Cheer's first date. The awkwardness, the wide-eyed enthusiasm, the kilig, the nervousness. It's good stuff.
6. There's nothing quite like the pain of a man stuck in the friendzone. Lalo na kay Vince, na 'yung pinsan niya pa 'yung duma-da moves sa babaeng gusto niya. Arouch, bro, arouch.
7. Bonding over a mistake is the best type of bonding. However, the best part of this clip is the subtle difference in Kath's personality when she's with Vince, who she's comfortable with, and when she's with James, who she's trying to impress.
8. The iconic moment when Vince and Kath quoted Claudine Barretto and Rico Yan's "Got 2 Believe". 10/10 worth the re-watch.
9. There's truly nothing better than having someone know you so well that they bring ice cream and some perspective-altering advice when you're in a tough spot. God bless you, Vince, you're a god amongst men.
10. And of course, the aminan scene. 'Nuff said, sis.
Watch more videos from your favorite Star Cinema movies here:
BALIKAN: FPJ, nakipagbakbakan para kay Juday!
WATCH: The 15-minute LizQuen compilation we all need right now
WATCH: Balikan over and over ang ultimate MayWard kilig moments na ito!
MUST-WATCH: 10-minute supercut of 'You're My Boss'
4 Olivia Lamasan films you NEED in your life