"I Feel Pretty" hit Philippine cinemas this May 2, and has since made us all feel a range of very powerful emotions.
Boasting a star-studded cast in Amy Schumer, Michelle Williams, Emily Ratajkowski, Rory Scovel, Aidy Bryant, Busy Phillips, and Naomi Campbell, it made us laugh, cry, and look deep into ourselves as we try and discover the source (and the strength) of our confidence.
Of course, international critics have weighed in on the new body positive comedy, and here we've compiled the best of the best.
Here are 10 compliments CinemaBlend paid "I Feel Pretty" in their review:
1. A joyous and emotional story that reminds us why we fell in love with Amy Schumer in the first place.
2. A movie that is relatable, respectful, and has equal parts heart and comedy.
3. 'I Feel Pretty' keeps the jokes coming at a solid pace, allowing the audience to remain engaged and entertained throughout most its runtime.
4. The movie boasts an emotional and relatable narrative.
5. Renee's (Amy Schumer) insecurity in settings like job interviews and exercise classes is something that most of us have experienced at one point or another.
6. Seeing Renee (Amy Schumer) so overly confident obviously creates plenty of moments for comedy, but it also provides a unique sense of joy and happiness for her.
7. Renee (Amy Schumer) is so secure in herself and her body that you can't help but smile, even when there isn't a punchline ready.
8. [A scene that] starts as a doomed bikini contest at a bar quickly becomes a joyous montage that reminds us why we fell in love with Amy Schumer in the first place.
9. Ultimately the story is about Renee (Amy Schumer) finding the beauty in her own body, which is something that those critics weren't aware of when the film's synopsis and trailers were released.
10. 'I Feel Pretty' provides a joyous and hilarious new comedy for Amy Schumer's talents, while also providing an emotional core and relatable story.
You can watch the "I Feel Pretty" trailer here: