• Home
  • News
  • Anne: 'I almost lost my life to a box jellyfish'

Anne: 'I almost lost my life to a box jellyfish'

Anne, nagbabala sa mga magbi-beach!

Chandral Selim
by
Chandral Selim

4/5/2018 in News
Anne: 'I almost lost my life to a box jellyfish'

National Sweetheart Anne Curtis opened up her nearly fatal brush with a box jellyfish, one of the most venomous marine animals in the world, four years ago in an effort to warn beach-goers this summer.

In a series of Instagram Stories last night, April 5, Anne shared:

"About this time 4 years ago, I almost lost my life to a box jellyfish. I am very thankful that I got stung by only half a tentacle. So, even if I experienced all the symptoms - vomiting in a span of 1 minute, extreme pain and delirium - the venom was not enough to put me into cardiac arrest and turn into [a] fatal sting."

She continued, "This summer, be careful in our waters. Because yes, we do have one of the deadliest jellyfish in Philippine seas - the box jellyfish. The ocean is their home. We are merely visitors. So it is our responsibility to be careful and ask locals if we should be on the lookout for jellyfish in their waters when going for a swim."

Heed Anne's advice and stay careful! <3 

Anne is a mainstay in the noontime program "It's Showtime!"

SHARE ON FACEBOOK
SHARE ON TWITTER