Lent is a good time to reflect and meditate on what the Lord has done for mankind.
People flock to different spiritual destinations to reconnect with God and bond with their family. They will be spending the coming days in solemnity, observing the tradition of Visita Iglesia or through religious retreats, to name some.
If you’re looking for churches or spiritual sites away from the city, you might wanna check this out.
P.S. The listed scenic religious places are all seen in some of our blockbuster movies.
Tukon Church in Batanes from the 2015 blockbuster film "You're My Boss" starring Toni Gonzaga and Coco Martin.
2. The well-preserved and beautiful Argao Church in Cebu from the 2017 box office film "Can't Help Falling In Love" starring Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla.
3. The old Spanish-colonial Daraga Church in Bicol from the 2014 Cathy Garcia-Molina film "She's Dating The Gangster" topbilled by KathNiel.
4. If you’re in Barcelona, Spain, you might wanna do your spiritual obligations at the large, unfinished Roman Catholic church The Sagrada Familia, which was built by the famous Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí.
This heritage site was seen in one of Kathryn and Daniel’s mega-blockbusters, “Barcelona: A Love Untold”.
5. To those seeking for second chances, may it be in life or love, you can visit the church where Popoy (John Lloyd Cruz) and Basha (Bea Alonzo) of “A Second Chance” started their forever for the second time.
The church is called Parish of the Immaculate Heart of Mary located in Antipolo.
6. If you want something historical, yet unique and not too crowded place to do Visita Iglesia, check out Batangas’ Callao Cave, a seven-chamber limestone cave with a built-in church inside.
This spot was seen in the 2012 melodrama film “The Mistress” starring John Lloyd and Bea.
If you’re up for an adventure while reflecting and soul-searching, Mt. Milagros and Sagada are perfect for you.
7. Mt. Milagros is located in Batangas and was seen in the movie "Love You To The Stars and Back" topbilled by Joshua Garcia and Julia Barretto.
8. Sagada is one of the most popular tourist destinations where you can do a lot of adventures and reflect at the same time.
It became more popular after being seen in the 2014 "hugot" film “That Thing Called Tadhana,” which stars JM De Guzman and Angelica Panganiban.
So, where will you go first? Comment below!