Wasn’t last night’s (September 27) episode of “La Luna Sangre” just enlightening?
As Madam Star (Mel Kimura) did what Samantha (Maricar Reyes-Poon) asked, to find out what she can about Tristan’s (Daniel Padilla) life, her questions left Betty (Gelli de Belen) suspicious. Betty humored Star and answered all her questions, but later asked her own: Did Star have a vision of Tristan and what was it?
Star was easily intimidated by Betty, while at the same time very troubled by the dreams she’s been having of Tristan, and so she told the woman the truth: she had seen Tristan become a vampire. And this horrible revelation led to Betty sharing brother Tonio’s (Romnick Sarmienta) story.
This is our scene of the day! Betty told Star the story of her brother’s family and we got to see it in flashbacks, so yay! Here’s what happened in the flashbacks:
- Tonio brought Rica (Tanya Garcia) home to his parents and sister while she was heavily pregnant (HOW CUTE! We get to see Tristan as a baby bump! :”) )
- He introduced her to his parents as his girlfriend and someone from work (OOOHH does that mean she’s a Luna too? Are there girl Lunas? Hmm…)
- A cute family scene where Lolo Gabriel (Noel Trinidad) and Tonio were playing checkers, but Betty, Lola Pina (Debraliz Valasote), and little Tristan (Justin James Quilantang) were cheering for Lolo Gabriel to win; and then Rica came out with baby Apple (ang saya-saya nila! And OMG IT’S LITTLE TRISTAN!!! Bungi-bungi pa siya the cutie <3 <3 <3 )
- Then things took a dark turn when the scene shifted to Tonio explaining to little Tristan that his mom wasn’t coming back (HUHUHU ANG BILIS NAWALA NG KASIYAHAN </3)
- Back in the present, Betty explained to Star that Tonio told his family that Rica died while on the job and had her body buried because her injuries were too grave, but it was a lie (*GASPS*)
- Flashback, Tonio was fighting a bunch of vampires and then he encountered Rica as a vampire (OH NO I remember this scene from before! Not again please! *covers eyes*)
- Betty narrated that Rica didn’t kill Tonio, but that was the last they saw or heard of her (wait, so Rica isn’t dead?! Ever since that scene ^ was shown when the show just started, I thought Tonio killed his wife!)
So Rica might be alive. I don’t know how to process that right now, so let’s move on.
Star questioned Tristan’s connection to vampires now if his father was dead and his mother was long gone and it made Betty think. She later confronted her nephew about what he was really doing and he told her the truth that made Betty furious: he was out fighting vampires and protecting innocents.
Elsewhere, Gilbert (Richard Gutierrez) had enough of Jacintha’s (Angel Locsin) “faking” and revealed his vampire eyes and fangs in an effort to scare or anger her into revealing herself as Lia. But when that didn’t work, when his scaring tactics only led to Jacintha closing her eyes as if preparing for death, he held back from hurting her, went back to his Gilbert persona, and told her to forget she ever saw him as a vampire.
Did Supremo use his mind control powers on Jacintha? Because I’m not sure. :/
Betty and Tristan’s conversation seemed far from over, so we have that to look forward to.
What will Betty do now that she knows the truth about her nephew? And can she stop him from turning into a vampire as Star saw in her vision? Catch an all-new episode of “La Luna Sangre” tonight on Primetime Bida after “FPJ's Ang Probinsyano."