Do you feel a little lost in life?
Maybe you've recently joined the ranks of people whose life has tripped up (welcome to adulthood, dude. Sucks, right?). The Universe threw you a couple of stale pandesals and now everything is a little bit off-kilter and you don't know what to do.
Well, you don't have to look further nor do you have to keep crying in the middle of a intensely sentimental Thought Catalog article. Eternal boy-next-door who turns out to be the love of your life, John Lloyd Cruz, is here and as he's going to save you from this rut, as he's been doing to his cinematic heroines for more than a decade now.
Here are five quotes from Lloydy that will hopefully enrich your life and make it great again!
1. “Bakit mo kailangang sabihin ‘yung hindi totoo? Why waste your time? Walang sense kasi eh. In any relationship, napakaimportante niya."
Here's Lloydy reminding us all that the phrase "honesty is the best policy" should still be relevant in everyone's life.
Are you being honest with yourself? Your problems, insecurities, and mistakes? Maybe you should start. It might be a healthy step towards self-improvement.
2. "Life is too short. I don't want to live a boring life. I always follow my gut, I always follow my desires. You only live once, it's true."
Ayan tayo. Minsan kasi 'wag kang mag-hold back kasi walang idinudulot na maganda 'yan sa buhay mo. Live life fearlessly as John Lloyd does because why not?
You don't want to wake up one day and realize that you have more regrets than victories. That's gonna suck.
3. "You can only allow yourself to be hurt for a time na pwede kang matutuo...the longer you dwell, the uglier it gets. There's so much beauty in so many things."
Boom! Nadali ni Lloydy! If you live your life without appreciating the beauty of everything around you, then you're missing out. If you look closely, you'll see greatness everywhere.
4. "Maturity and wisdom - pinakaimportante ‘yung wisdom to make the right decisions in life and sa trabaho."
Yass, preach! Wisdom is the ability to learn from the mistakes of others, and maybe yours too. Be humble and realize that there's a reason why you live in this world with other people. Open your life and your heart to others, and make every experience a learning one.
5. "Parang masyadong on-the-surface na lang ngayon, para wala na lang pag-usapan, para wala ng issue, I’d rather praise you than criticize you. ‘Yun na ‘yung mundo ngayon eh. Sa akin, hindi nagme-make sense 'yun."
This is perhaps the most important quote here. It tells us to have clarity, to see things and people for what they are. It tells us to be honest with our feelings and our thoughts and to fearlessly voice them, even when it hurts. Why? Because it's the right thing to do.
Reflect on life and fight to make it a new kind of great with John Lloyd's favorite, Great Taste Coffee, a temptingly smooth and creamy treat that will see you through your ups and downs. You deserve a great cup today - and always!