Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo are guilty!
Yep, guilty of making K-lovers all over the world super happy, giddy, manghahampas-ako-ng-friend-sa-kilig kind of happy, when it was announced today, July 5, that they're getting married in October this year (https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/04/song-joong-ki-song-hye-kyo-get-married-october/)!
Though the "Descendants of the Sun" pair kept their relationship under wraps (well, one time that came in the form of sweaters and cap and hat, if you saw those Dispatch photos *wink wink*), they graciously let their fans in on what their hearts really feel with separate letters they penned and released also today.
So from those lengthy letters, here are the things we learned about their love story and how they've changed each other's lives - for the better!
Cue music: "You are my everythingggggggggg..."
1. They officially got together early 2016! Around the time that "DOTS" descended upon us!
Says Joong Ki, "At the start of 2016, we promised to spend the rest of our lives together by understanding each others’ weaknesses and helping each other through harsh times."
2. They started out as friends - a very, very good foundation for any relationship.
"I gained another precious friend who I shared my honest feelings with, and we developed a loving relationship," says Joong Ki.
3. It's as good as saying that they've found soulmates in each other - someone you can be your true self with, something that can be difficult in a world that puts a lot of premium both on authenticity and public image.
Recalls Hye Kyo, "Joong Ki and I were first co-workers who matched well. Throughout the project, I realized that we had similar values and ideas, and I was able to share everything with him."
4. They've gone on dates (however they did it without attracting crazy attention)! Because well, even gods and goddesses of beauty also go on dates. :))
Shares Hye Kyo, "He was such a good co-worker and friend to me, so we contacted frequently and spent time to get to know each other better.
"Joong Ki showed me his self, trust, and his manners for a long time."
Then she drops this bomb and wala na, tunaw na tayong lahat:
"I thought to myself that it would be good to spend the future with him and I was glad that he could feel my true emotions as well.
"That’s when I knew that he was the one."
4. They now have a thing for "two" and think in "two."
"I am no longer one person but two people now," says Hye Kyo.
And for Joong Ki: "Please support the cheerful encounter between the two of us."
5. They will apparently not stop their work as artists even when they're already married (and presumably, have many Song Song kids).
"I will become an actor who doesn’t change from this mindset ('walk instead of run') and become someone who is a strong family man," declares Joong Ki.
The full letters of Joong Ki and Hye Kyo can be found here (https://www.koreaboo.com/news/hyekyo-personal-letter-fans-boyfriend/) and here (https://www.koreaboo.com/news/song-joong-ki-official-statement-wedding-girlfriend/).
Best wishes, you guys! (Wow ang feeling close ko!)