• Home
  • News
  • Former matinee idol Carlo Muñoz talks about his life in the US

Former matinee idol Carlo Muñoz talks about his life in the US

The real reason why Carlo and Leandro Muñoz left showbiz

Marty Hsu
by
Marty Hsu

7/28/2017 in News
Former matinee idol Carlo Muñoz talks about his life in the US

If you're a kid in the 90s or the early 2000s, you probably remember brothers Carlo and Leandro Muñoz.

 

They had it going pretty well in showbiz during their time, starring in films and TV shows left and right, but before anyone noticed, they were gone.

 

Why end a perfectly good career? They didn’t have the chance to explain, not until Carlo came out on “Tonight With Boy Abunda” yesterday, July 27, with the story we all needed to hear.

 

Carlo said that he and Leandro decided to leave when their father passed on in 2003.

 

“We felt that we needed a vacation, kami ni Leandro. And the ideal place for us was the States. When we got there, we thought this might the place,” he shared.

 

They didn't really plan on staying for good, but they both knew they had to. “It was really difficult, but we were just really decided na we wanted something fresh.”

 

And the hardest thing for him about everything was, “Swallowing your pride. Some people move to a different country to have a better life. We just wanted a different life.”

 

“When we were here, we had a really nice life. Pagdating dun, you just really have to start at the bottom.” He added, “I did warehouse work, I was stocking boxes, after that I became a salesman for Filipino like longganisa, tocino… I was selling those.”

 

Right now, Carlo is married with three kids and currently having a vacation back in the Philippines. He also said that he’s open to do projects during his stay here.

 

He and Leandro made a showbiz comeback of sorts last year through the Star Creatives teleserye "The Story of Us."

 

Tags: Celebrity 
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
SHARE ON TWITTER