Last Friday’s (June 23) episode of “La Luna Sangre” was a tragic one.
Sandrino’s (Richard Guiterrez) vampires caught up with Mateo (John Lloyd Cruz) and Lia (Angel Locsin) and while everyone fought their hardest to protect the small family, Sandrino ultimately managed to kill them both. The scene of their death is our scene of the day. You probably won’t need to ask me why, but let me count the reasons anyway:
- The way Lia didn’t even try to fight Sandrino (she obviously knew she couldn’t take him and opted to try to keep her child safe instead. That’s smart thinking right there.)
- How Mateo came out of nowhere and jumped in before Sandrino could kill Lia (Didn’t Sandrino kill him earlier??? I guess the gaping hole in his stomach healed enough for him to catch up to Sandrino)
- How even with Mateo jumping in, Lia was still hit by Sandrino’s attack (at first I thought, “Yay! Lia’s safe!” but then she reacted to Sandrino’s hit and then I was all, “NOOOOOOOOO”)
- The way the two collapsed, so slowly… (I was amazed at how Lia kept her arms around Malia.)
- How Mateo tried to reach out to his wife and daughter, calling out for Malia... (utterly heartbreaking)
- Then the camera showed the girl’s face and revealed it wasn’t Malia (THE RELIEF, I CANNOT TELL YOU)
- And you could see Mateo’s relief that Malia wasn’t dying with them (cue tears)
- How Lia reached out to hold Mateo’s hand (whyyyyyyy :(( )
- And the way they just looked at each other until they succumbed to death (BREAK OUR HEARTS WHY DON’T YOU)
Of course, Mateo and Lia weren’t the only ones lost in the episode. We also said goodbye to Tonio (Romnick Sarmenta), Clarisse (Nina Dolino), and Benjie (Wowie de Guzman).
How will Malia go on now that her parents are gone? Tune in tonight for an all-new episode of “La Luna Sangre” on Primetime Bida after “FPJ's Ang Probinsyano.”