By Marty Hsu
It has just been announced today, July 15, that three of the biggest Kapamilya stars, Zanjoe Marudo, Sam Milby, and Angel Locsin, are joining to forces to make a film that they’ve claimed we rarely get to see.
The three actors shared everything they could about their new project and with what we’ve heard, it seems like this movie will be one that we really need to watch out for!
1. The film is titled “The Third Party” and is described as a relationship movie with “pretty interesting characters.”
2. It will be helmed by award-winning director Jason Laxamana a.k.a. the man behind the critically acclaimed films like “Astro Mayabang,” “Magkakabaung” and Babagwa.”
3. “’Di siya rom-com, definitely hindi siya horror, hindi siya comedy. Ito ay isang LIGHT ROMANCE,” said Angel.
4. Sam will be playing as a cosmetic surgeon, Zanjoe as Christian, an oncologist for children, while Angel will play as Andi an events manager who’s aspiring to be a fashion designer.
5. “Sobrang iba talaga,” said Sam about his character and same goes for Angel and Zanjoe who said that they have never played a role like their next one.
6. This movie is not something you see every day. “Hindi siya yung usually ginagawa ng Star Cinema kaya excited kami. Parang feeling namin ang tapang namin na gagawin naming ‘tong project na ‘to,” said Angel. “Siyempre for the love, siyempre for the audience na meron silang bagong kwentong makikita and ang ganda kasi ng story hindi siya yung typical story na napapanood natin pero may puso.”
7. Sam described the film as “very real” and something everyone would be able to relate to.
8. The title, “The Third Party,” is not totally about having third parties but according to Direk James, “As long as you’ve experienced love, puwede ka na makahugot regardless kung naging third party sila o hindi.”
9. The characters will deal with epiphanies and will eventually get to know themselves more. “Ang ganda nung character nung tatlo. Akala nila okay na sila, pero ang dami pa pala nila kailangan sa buhay nila. Akala ko mature na ko pero hindi pa pala,” Zanjoe said.
10. This is not the first time Zanjoe, Sam, and Angel are working together. Zanjoe and Angel starred together in the film “One More Try,” Sam and Angel in the teleserye “Only You,” and Sam and Zanjoe in “You Got Me!” alongside Toni Gonzaga.
11. They will start shooting next Wednesday, July 20.
12. Zanjoe’s role required him to get a haircut and maybe even a stronger physique. “Palaki ako ng katawan, ng chest,” he quipped.
13. “The Third Party” will be shot within Metro Manila as the story will revolve around the region.
14. The film does not have a play date yet but according to Angel, they want to release the movie as soon as possible.
The ultimate online fan experience gets even better here at starcinema.com.ph
. See other latest news here,
visit our online store
, and talk about your favorite stars, movies, and TV shows on Fans Speak
Follow Star Cinema:
Google Plus: ABSstarcinema
For more updates on your favorite Star Cinema movies, continue to visit www.starcinema.com.ph