These are some of bits of information behind the controversial life and movie depiction of Eddie Fernandez.
- · “Lagalag” is the late Rudy Fernandez’ first movie under Star Cinema
· The character Rudy has depicted was Pops Fernandez’ father Eddie Fernandez.
· This is also Claudine Barretto’s first action film stint, who played as the young Pops in the movie.
· Eddie Fernandez was discovered by Director Cirio Santiago and appeared in several action films on the 60’s one of which was the FPJ starrer “Masikip na Daigdig (1963).”
· Eddie’s nickname “Lagalag” was taken from his radio show in DZRH dubbed as “Lagalag.” His radio show was one of the most popular shows of his time. But as his popularity got into his head, Eddie got killed in a checkpoint incident gone wrong.
· On 1994, Star Cinema picked Romy Suzara to helm the film with Rudy Fernandez as Eddie and Dawn Zulueta as his leading lady.
· After the movie was released in the theaters, the family of the late Eddie Fernandez went to Star Cinema office and questioned the screenplay of the film and said Eddie’s character has been played too negative. The issue was immediately fixed nonetheless.
Check last week’s trivia here
For more updates:
Follow Star Cinema on:
For more updates on your favorite films, visit www.starcinema.com.ph.