Bet you did not know:
1. Once upon a time, “Sisterakas” has been the top highest grossing Filipino film of all time, after earning more than P390 Million in the box-office. It was toppled by another Vice Ganda starrer "Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy," currently the highest-grossing Filipino movie of all time.
2. It was one of Star Cinema’s entries for the 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF).
3. It was inspired by the biblical story of Joseph - the favorite bible story of the screenplay writer Kriz Gazmen.
4. At first, it was only Vice Ganda who was definitely casted in the film. Kris Aquino and Ai-Ai Delas Alas were not confirmed immediately, because the two might have other filmfest entries for that year.
5. When the casting wasn't finalized yet, they have considered Eugene Domingo to be part of the cast.
6. Because the casting wasn’t finalized yet, the production staff had unique concepts - storylines revolving around superheroes, commercial endorsement and many more.
7. Even though the casting took quite some time, Kris Aquino readily said yes to the script after reading its script. She immediately accepted the role given to her for she really enjoyed her character - kind of "kontrabida."
8. Because this film was for the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF), Star Cinema tapped Daniel Padilla, Kathryn Bernardo and Xyriel Manabat to join the cast for the younger audience.
9. Luis Manzano appeared in the film for the cameo role as a waiter.
10. "Sisterakas" created a coup when they gathered three of the biggest MMFF icons - Vice, Ai-ai, and Kris, all superstars of the yearly festival.
Check last week’s #betyoudidntknow here.
For more updates:
Follow Star Cinema on:
For more updates on your favorite films, visit www.starcinema.com.ph.