The success of Star Cinema’s 20 years is the sum of all its parts – hardworking crew, talented creative people, and the brightest stars in the business.
Undeniably, the choice of lead stars plays a big part in the success of a movie. In today’s Top 5, we list down Star Cinema’s “Kings.” They are the most bankable, talented male actors in the country:
1. Piolo Pascual (14 lead roles, 15 movies)
- Piolo Pascual has already reached Iconic status in the industry, being undeniably, the “top of mind” Filipino leading man. He is good looking, bankable, and talented.
- He was also paired with some of the biggest Star Cinema leading ladies – Angel Locsin, Angelica Panganiban, Claudine Barretto, and Toni Gonzaga for the current box-office hit “Starting Over Again.”
2. John Lloyd Cruz (14 lead roles, 18 movies)
- John Lloyd’s uncanny ability to create rapport to almost everyone (including Luis Manzano in “In My Life” makes him an ideal leading man.
3. Aga Muhlach (13 lead roles, 14 movies)
- His romantic comedies with Sarah Geronimo (The Laida-Miggy Trilogy), Angel Locsin, and Toni Gonzaga are all a big hit.
- He also made big hits with movies with Lea Salonga, Aiko Melendez, Dayanara Torres and Sharon Cuneta.
- If Aga Muhlach stayed with ABS, maybe he would have done more movies with the film outfit.
4. Jericho Rosales (6 lead roles, 15 movies)
- Early in his career, Jericho has already been noted for his sensitivity as an actor. This made him a staple in Star Cinema family dramas like “Tanging Yaman” and “Noon at Ngayon.”
5. Rico Yan (6 lead roles, 11 movies)
- “Bagong Buwan” further proved his mettle as a high-caliber actor.
- Rico had two of the biggest female stars of their generation as his leading ladies - Judy Ann Santos and Claudine Barretto.
- If not for his untimely death, Rico Yan could have done more movies with the film outfit.
Check last week’s list here
For more updates:
Follow Star Cinema on:
For more updates on your favorite films, visit www.starcinema.com.ph