Vhong Navarro is bold enough to seek for justice. He files six cases against the people who wronged him.
Last February 6, actor-host Vhong Navarro went straight to the office of Department of Justice (DOJ) after being discharged at St. Luke's Medical Center to re-affirm his complaint against the model Deniece Cornejo, businessman Cedric Lee, among others before Assistant State Prosecutor Hazel Valdez.
Vhong, who was accompanied by his legal counsel Atty. Alma Mallonga, filed 6 criminal cases, all non-bailable, last January 28.
Learn about the following criminal cases filed by Vhong:
1. Serious physical injuries- includes physical injury that may cause risk of death, or that causes serious and permanent disfigurement, serious impairment of health or loss or protracted impairment of the function of any bodily organ or limb.
2. Grave threat- Declarations of an intention to inflict a future wrong upon the person, honor or property of another or the latter's family. The acts or words must be so efficacious as to amount to moral pressure and thus produces fear, or mental disturbance.
3. Grave coercion-imposed upon any person who, without any authority of law, shall, by means of violence, threats or intimidation, prevent another from doing something not prohibited by law, or compel him to do something against his will, whether it be right or wrong.
4. Unlawful arrest- It is the crime committed by any person, whether a private person or public officer, who arrest or detains a person without reasonable ground therefore, for the purpose of delivering him to the proper authorities.
5. Blackmailing- when the doing of a wrong which does not constitute a crime is subject to a demand for money or other valuable considerations.
6. Serious illegal detention- to deprive a person of his liberty or restrict his freedom of locomotion or movement, and may not involve a kidnapping.
Vhong thanked everyone who supported him and said he will not give up until justice is served.
He expressed gratitude to his supporters saying, "maraming salamat sa lahat ng nagdarasal, sa lahat nang nagpapalakas ng loob ko, maraming maraming salamat po."
Meanwhile, Vhong's pending movie with Star Cinema still resumes after he fully recovers from this controversy. Read on (http://starcinema.abs-cbn.com/latest-news/star-cinema-will-wait-for-vhong-navarro)
For more updates:
Follow Vhong Navarro
Follow Star Cinema on:
For more updates on your favorite films, visit www.starcinema.com.ph