Angel Locsin is one star who you’d always look forward to see what she’ll do next. Every portrayal is defined, every move is influential. She has her own wings to fly, and she just continues to soar. So as she celebrates her birthday today, April 23, we run down some of her winning moments and the things that make her super.
1. She played a she-wolf on “Lobo.” Not everyone can say that they got to play a supernatural superheroine.
2. And she played it not just once, but twice, when “Imortal” came.
3. But she really did more than just scratch everyone's heart by being Monica on “The Legal Wife.” How can you not rally behind this girl?
4. You’ll just want to hug her when she cries and punch anyone who hurt her in the face.
5. There’s a certain rawness in the way Angel acts, as if she’s someone you really know in real life.
6. She didn’t box herself in certain roles. If she didn’t know how to do something – like pole dancing (for “In The Name Of Love”) – she'll study it.
11. Her pairing with Piolo Pascual…
12. Then her much-awaited team-up with Coco Martin which came true thanks to “MMK.”
13. Now this one’s with Xian Lim was unexpected, but was magical nonetheless.
14. She has her own brand of humor, which she shows especially when she hosts.
15. Angel has a not-so hidden talent. Adorable rapping skills.
16. Well, what you see is what you get.
17. She has used her celebrity to champion volunteerism...
18. ...and other causes relevant to our society, like animal welfare…
19. ...and blood donations. As Angel said, “Every time you donate blood, you'll be saving up to THREE HUMAN LIVES!”
20. This girl can shoot (not just guns, take note).
21. That’s why even online, she’s one of the most influential Filipinas.
22. A fashion icon who empowers her fellow women.
23. She doesn’t need to wear barely-there outfits to prove she’s one of the sexiest. Angel just is.
24. Angel has had several personal victories, too. Like when she reached the top of Mt. Pico de Loro…
25. …as well as Mt. Pulag.
26. She has traveled alone, in the picturesque Batanes.
27. She embraces quiet moments, because sometimes we should take a pause and just marvel at life.
28. But when it’s time to work, it’s really work – workouts, included. After all, “strong is the new sexy.”
29. She’s one strong soul. Angel has been working hard to achieve full recovery following her spine procedure for her disc bulge.
30. Angel is Angel, yes. But at the end of the day, when she comes home, she’s still daddy’s little girl.
Happy birthday, Angel! Continue flying high!
(Originally posted April 23, 2016)
The ultimate online fan experience gets even better here at starcinema.com.ph.
See other latest news here, visit our online store, and talk about your favorite stars, movies, and TV shows on Fans Speak!
For more updates:
Follow Star Cinema:
Google Plus: ABSstarcinema
For more updates on your favorite Star Cinema movies, continue to visit www.starcinema.com.ph